It's been cold here, lately. Cold and dark and I feel like an Eskimo. It's been consistently dreary and dark for about a week, and I can't get a damn thing done because of it. My sleep schedule is shot. I've been waking up at four in the afternoon and going to bed at five in the morning. Lather, rinse, repeat. These last couple days, however, I've gotten up at four in the afternoon, gone to bed at nine in the evening, and woken up again at two in the morning, only to eventually go back to bed around noon to start the horrible process over again.
It's been cold, it's been dark, I've been tired, and I don't know why. I've done nothing for days. But other than chores--which I haven't done--I haven't had anything to do. I wake up too late to get out, I stay up too late to have anything else, and I've basically been on a cycle of music, podcasts, and sleep. And cursing the weather.
I don't mind the cold, really, or the rain. But the dark is unforgivable, and especially so with my horrendous sleep patterns. I've been sleeping the days away as it is, and even when I'm up, there's no day left. The passing of the autumnal equinox is not something of which I approve. I already feel as though I miss out on enough without there just generally being less for me to experience.
I can only hope that the Thanksgiving holiday will pass unnoticed and make way for the gaiety of the Christmas season. I despise winter, but I adore the festivities that it introduces. It is gray and sullen now, but soon my eyes will be awash in red and green twinkles. The come down will be harsh and unforgiving, but hopefully the build up is enough for me to keep afloat. At least until the tragedies that are January and February.
Thursday, November 13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

take up poetry. move to california. i did.
ReplyDeleteI do write a little, though not necessarily poetry. Actually, writing all of this is part of the, I dunno, therapy I guess.
ReplyDeleteI don't really want to move to California, though. I do know one or two people that I'd love to visit some day. One of them lives up North, though, so same snowy situation.
Good luck with your own move, if it's as recent as it sounds.